The Beginning of an Endorphin Junkie


In Primary School I made a promise to myself that one day I would participate in a Running Event. 

In High School we never had a Sports Ovals as such, so a couple of times a week our class would don their P.Ed clothes and head down to a public oval about a kilometer away. Only a few of us students would run the distance. I was one of these and I loved it!

A few years ago now I saw a photo of my cousin, Linda Carter having run the 2009 City to Bay, so I decided to join her the following year. But unfortunately she was killed in a car accident in Feb 2010, so I decided then to train for the September 2010 City to Bay and run in her memory. 

Thus I started running daily 30 May, 2010. I felt satisfied in achieving my Primary School Goal until a dear High School friend, Sonya Conrad introduced me into TrailRunning which, I just Lurve! Thanks Sonya :)

Now I keep up my fitness daily and occasionally I keep a record of what I do, which is for basically for FuN, plus it's helps to keep me motivated.
~~~~~
Journal Entries
* On my run this morning, met our local 6 foot kangaroo.

* Enjoyed running this morning in the cool & overcast. And to top it off met mum and her joey. The joey only stayed for a glance before bouncing away, but mum stayed and cheered for a lap.... how supportive :)

* Foxy and I almost ran into each other this morning - lol. As She ;) turned and ran, the movements were so fliud like and graceful with her gorgeous bushy tail gliding behind. Lovely to watch. A great way to start another beautiful day... Have a good one all!

* Fog (low cloud) on our hills vista this morning's joy. Rain Shadows on the running track this morning's pure delight. But but,  the +++ this morning was the wild life ... 5 Kangaroos bounding along the track also and two Koalas in the trees cheering me on, hahaha they were grunting really. I love living the the hills - can you tell?

* I love hearing the choruses of the native birds in the morning as they welcome each glorious sunrise. It's a great way to start my run ... thanks universe!

* I surprised Mr 6' Kangaroo this morning as I was heading out for my run. He was close to the courtyard having breakfast. He looked up with grass hanging either end of his mouth. Obviously had been caught in the rain, his fur was 'spikey' ... so sweet! Note to self ... must take camera

* I met the 2 wandering sheep on the running track this morning - LOL

* Loved running in the rain this morning.

30 May 2010
Enjoyed the run to Marble Hill :)



Month 1
June 1 ...
 Three
 jogs to Marble Hill in 6 days, that's a 7.5km loop. Thank goodness it's up hill only one way.
June 2 ... Just got back from my run and waiting for my energy levels to kick in - hehe.
June 6 ... Ha ha ha, I love having jelly wobbly legs after a run ... is that weird ?!?
June 8 ... I'm off to run.
June 10 ... drawes the line at heading out in the rain to go running. If it starts while I'm on route, that's OK.  Considering staying dry and settling for 1hr of lounge room dancing - hehe.
June 11 ... Said with all the intensity and enthusiasm of Meg Ryan … “Yes, yes, yes…” Hahaha, I am so happy - can you tell - I CONQUERED the hill this morning! The squeals of delight and much dancing continue...
June 12 ....Running in low cloud this morning was so exciting! Visibility was about 15 meters.

June 14 ... Leaving for my run under the veil of darkness, for the last couple of mornings, has been invigoratingly cold and enjoyable. On my homeward journey the trees are mere silhouettes as the sun's raze slowly emerge. A stunning sight indeed and a wonderful way to start the day ... thank you universe!
June 17 ... It was very black this morning when leaving for my run so I grabbed my miner’s torch. That solved the visuals but by the time I got to the bus shelter on top of THE hill I was wet. My choices either go back home and not run to Marble Hill or continue to my destination. Either way I was going to get soaked...
June 19 ... It was so foggy this morning I almost missed my turn off. Could have ended up at Newton. 

June 20 ... My daily 7.5km RunLoop is working well for me ... out the door about 5.45am back just before 7am. On my return it was just light enough to see our kangaroos.
June 21 ... Ooo lala, I saw the city light this morning, first time for nearly a week. They've been hiding under the opaque covers of fog.
June 23 ...This was awesome ... I've been finishing off my RunLoop by detouring to our shed where I have my home gym thingy set up. This morning while 'Doing my Stuff' a kangaroo hopped past and stopped, he thought he was out of sight - hehe. He looked back at watched me for about 15 seconds before moving on. So neat!!
June 25 ... I could have used a buoy this morning ... on my run ... after the rains during the night.
June 29 ... Through rain, fog, mist and dizzle, my daily 7.5km RunLoop is continual.. Ok, it rhymed better in my head.







Month 2
July 2 ... 
On my run this morning a pushy came up behind me and as he passed said in a deep voice "Good morning", so I would like to pass that greeting onto my friends this morning and wish you all a great day whatever that means to you :)
July 5 ... I now run at 5am in the mornngs, just love arriving home as DAWN BREAKS.
July 7 ... Only10 metres visibility, due to fog, was the best on this morning’s run. After that everything was opaque. Even the moon struggled to put out anything more than a soft glow ... wonderful :)
July 10 ... The elements of wind and rain accompanied me on my run this morning. With the additions of my miner’s light and hooded rain-coat I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it immensely satisfying. Crazy huh :/
July 16 ... I met 3 pushies at Marble Hill this morning taking a breather :)

July 20 ... A pushie (bike) pasted me the morning. Hehe it was neat, besides hearing the tyre noise, pretty much all I could see was the glow from the lights ... yep foggy again :)
July 22 ... Good morning treasured friends. Coming back from my run this morning, for about 7 meters a very young Joey and I were keeping pace. He/she was less than 2 meters to the side of me. There was a wire strand fence between us but it was such a magical experience!




My Running Journal - When I remember to sit in front of the computer and write... 

Month 3
Aug 3 ... 
Only 4 more morning runs to Marble Hill then 10 days running by Sydney bay - woohooo!!! :)

Aug 4 ... BIG first this morning. Met a guy walking his dog, so I'm not the only one who enjoys drizzle and fog - LOL.

Aug 5 ... OMG! only 3 degrees at Mt Lofty ... no wonder I'm cold.

Aug 7 ...Yes, yes, yes. My run tomorrow will be in Drummoyne. I’m excited BIG time! I’ll have to suss out a café to get my internets fix, but that’s OK. Oh yeah, Oh yeah, 10 days, 10days … I promise to calm down – sometime ;)


Aug 18 ... I'm back and I’ve had TheBest* time!!! Coming from the driest state in the driest country <sigh> and seeing all that water is SO seductive. It almost makes putting up with 4 something million people in Sydney bearable - LOL. Now the cost of housing well now, that’s a different story. :)

Aug 19 ...- For the last 3 mornings, I've run in 3 different states ...
Happy, Excited and Thrilled ... hehehe. No I mean NSW, SA & Vic

Aug 21 ... Had a great run this morning with sounds of water rushing and mystical fog. Our km driveway now resembles a creek bed, but that's OK :)

Aug 26 ... Our 'creek bed' driveway is flowing steadily this morning :)

Aug 28... Just as I started with my gym circuit this morning up in the shed and the BIG kangaroo bounds out of the adjacent room ... How sweet!


Aug 31 ... every morning for the last 3 months - this edorphin thing is addictive!














My Running Journal - When I remember to sit in front of the computer and write... 

Journal Entries for September, 2010

September 4
My title for this mornings run ... The Wet Tee-Shirt Look ... enough said.

September 9
I've achieved 101 consecutive running mornings - woohoo. The gods decided to mark this memorable occasion with mystical thick fog and drizzling rain with the bonus of sheet lightning. Wow, thanks universe :)

September 14
In the words of ABBA “… you thrill me, you delight me, you please me, you excite me…”  Teehee may be not quite with the same emotional intensity, but I do love running in fog, and this morning was another magical moment. Have a GREAT day everyone! :)

September 16
Woohoo, 2 more runs 'til the big one  - my childhood goal of running in an event  :)


September 21
Woohoo off to the gym. Familar faces plus a workout with loud music - oh yeah, bring it on!!! :)

September 21
Woohoo, my Official Time Result for the City to Bay Run ... ran 12kms in 1:14.21 …that’s just over 74minutes!!! Oh yeah, LOTS of dancing going on.

September 25
On my way back from my run, I disrupted a fox trying to have his way with the chooks. I’m sure the girls were grateful :)

September 26
I so prefer doing it before day break … this time I am actually looking forward to daylight saving :)





My Running Journal - When I remember to sit in front of the computer and write... 

Journal Entries for October, 2010

October 7
Pumping iron this morning ... love, love, love :)


October 9
Wishes everyone a wonderful day! Mine started this morning with an enjoyable run by star-light, then later classess etc in my shop. What do you have planned? :)


October 11
We were running towards each other this morning at day break. like star crossed lovers. Then, when you were about a meter away from me, you turned and bounded a couple of times up the nearest tree. Stopping, we gazed into each others eyes and I imagined running my fingers through your soft fur. “Have a great day,” I called as I continued homeward. Such an adorable Koala ... Gotta love hills living :)


October 12
... is off to Enjoy Fitness gym

October 12
Drizzly rain, you are always welcomed on my run. Wind, hmmm no hard feelings, but blowing from behind works best ;)


October 25
My first TrailRun Event: BlackHill Challenge
Result:- 12.5km in 1hr.32min



October 26
Loves running in the fresh cool dark mornings with the light of the big round white glowing thing in the sky  - psst it's a Full Moon.


October 28,
Just loves my Body Pump early in the morning ... check out Enjoy Fitness


October 30
Delightful drizzles was my constant running companion this morning … always a pleasure ;)


Only 4km to go - gawd it's a long way!




My Running Journal - When I remember to sit in front of the computer and write... 

Journal Entries for November, 2010

November 2
Upped weights at gym ... needs massage NOW!!! oh pleeeaaassseee ;)


November 3
is addicted to the early morning run'dorphins ;)


November 9
oh yeah, off to Enjoy getting 'hot and sweaty' with a group of other people ... love, love, love BodyPump ;)


November 13
I swallowed my first bug this morning. No not ever, I mean in the 6 months that I've been running. So, I guess in a way I should be grateful ... and that it went down easily ... and that this morning was foggy ... hmm ... so all good really.  Wishing everyone has a great day :)


November 19
It felt sooo good!!! My feet have just been to heaven and back. New running shoes are amazing :)


November 20
"Love is in the air..." I heard several Koalas grunting away this morning within 500 mtrs of our cottage ... Wishing everyone a great day :D


November 24
... is about to enjoy an Afternoon Delight.  It's drizzling and foogy here and just begging to be run under. Gotta do it while you can this time of year :)


November 25
Argh, it's foggy and drizzling here this morning. Man if I didn't ENJOY <wink> getting hot and sweaty so much at the gym I would be doing it on the grey stuff (tarmac)


November 28
Oh yeah, high on rundorphins ... a great way to start the day :)

My Running Journal - When I remember to sit in front of the computer and write... 

Journal Entries for December, 2010

Dec 9... rode Vladamir to and from the gym this morning. A great way to ELECTRIC START the day. I thoroughly ENJOYed it - hehe, getit getit - my Motor Bike is christened Vladimir has an electric start and the I rode it to the Gym Club calld Enjoy Fitness.

Dec 14 ...Riding Vladimir to and from the gym is just as exciting and ENJOYable as the Body Pump workout. Oh man, I love it ;)

Dec19 ... Yep, definitely the WET TEE SHIRT look on my run this morning ... nothing that a warm shower can't fix.

Dec 24... Enjoying a bowl of freshly picked CHERRIES after my run. Oh yes, life is good. Have a good and safe day, one and all xox

Dec 26 ... Ran at 5am and have done minimal domestics. Meh, the garden can wait. I'm sneaking back to bed with a HOTTIE and a GOOD book for a bit :)

Dec 27 ... Met Kanga and Roo on the run this morning and wished them a Happy New year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment