Pioneer Women's Trail

2011
Am I insane or what?  I was happy with running 7km a day, just to keep fit.  And now, look what I have signed up for ... 26km Event.  But just between you and me, I'm a wee bit excited and PROUD.

Once again, I had no idea what to expect.  I took with me a packet of Gel Lollies, hoping they will give me a burst of energy.

We drove to the end - Beaumont House and caught a Private Bus up to Hahndorf, the beginning of the Event.

Drink stations, every 5km and most with lollies, ooo. When I reached the 20km mark, I heard the couple in front of me ask the volunteer at the Drink Station how far to go.  The reply was 6km and they responded with a yay that they had reached half way.  I bit my tongue and held back the word - woose!

Oh it is a loong way, but the city views were fantastic.

Reaching the end, just over 3 three hours later I can't tell you how hard it was to bend down, let a lone to get up again.

After about 45 minutes of stretching, re-cooperating and refueling, we drove back to Hahndorf with a couple of Run Buddies so they could get their cars.

Gawd, sitting in a warm car for the 30minute trip - it hurt to get out of the car.

Note to self:- Must buy a pair of Running Pants with a pocket!!!
Keeping the packet in my Sports Bra was NOT a good idea.  The raw chaffing it made under my boobs, although not felt at the time ... stung alot in the shower afterwards!

2012
So I signed up again this year as the views are amazing as they all are in Trail Runs.  I ended up taking a 10minutes longer than last year.  Think I took too many photos.  Oh well, it is all about the journey, right !?!



















 











No comments:

Post a Comment